Frequently Asked Questions
Who should use a device like Bioheart?
Anyone who has a family history of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea/disorders, is obese/overweight, or wants to have an instant snapshot of your cardiovascular health. Bioheart knows knowledge is power. Bioheart enables you to better understand the risks you face for heart disease or a heart attack. Nearly everyone should have one for their household. It’s easy to use and installs on early any Apple or Android smartphone. Bioheart reports such a high quality of signal, even cardiologists are amazed.
“It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen, you can have hospital grade reporting everyday. This makes management of heart disease or health issues so much easier, and shows a user when treatment is working.”
Why would I need a device like Bioheart?
Because heart disease is the number one killer in both men and women. Bioheart was designed as the most complete monitoring device built to track cardiovascular issues continuously night and day.
Isn’t my smartwatch good enough?
Short answer is, “No.” Smartwatches sit on the wrist, don’t record an ECG continuously, and lack multiple channels of an ECG signal. The ECG sensing is done by manually touching the watch with the finger versus Bioheart’s on chest multiple channel and large lead surfaces that collect a multi-channel ECG continuously with no intervention. There really is no comparison between the monitoring quality between a smartwatch and Bioheart.
Doesn’t my smartwatch continuously collect my heart rate, what’s the difference?
Yes, but it does not collect an ECG continuously, which is what is used to diagnose a patient. There is a big difference between heart rate and an ECG, but let us try and explain in more detail:
A smartwatch calculates heart rate by using an optical sensor that uses light to detect your heart rate; it can do this continuously by shining a light on your wrist (the lights are on the back of your watch head). To collect an ECG - your heart’s electrical signal - on a smartwatch, you must hold the watch with your opposite hand to generate an ECG. This is only done manually, creating short ECG recordings.
Cardiologists use long-term ECG to diagnose patients, not optical heart rate. For proper insight, you need continuous long-term ECG - something that is only possible if you hold your watch with the opposite hand for hours. Even then, you are only getting 1 channel with reduced accuracy. So if your watch identifies a potential issue, you need to visit a cardiologist who then prescribes a long-term ECG study.
What about other devices that say they have ECG functions?
Only Bioheart has true three signals of real ECG data continuously streamed to your phone for up to 48 hours at a time. This non-stop monitoring is unlike any other product on the market and is the most robust health data and bio monitoring device of its kind. The Bioheart application has been designed to take this continuous monitoring and recording and compute understandable results for users. You can see your heart improve with diet and exercise everyday.
What about those personal in your pocket ECG devices that can hold and collect up to 6 channels of ECG?
Firstly, those devices are not continuous but collect an ECG for the period you are holding them. Continuous ECG is required for a more complete picture as heart issues are intermittent and often without symptoms. As for the 6 channels, these are not true 6 channels but simply computed 6 channels. To get true 6 channels you need to get many more touch points on the body. The gold standard for remote ECG collection is 3 true channels, which can be used to calculate 15 channels but it is the true channels that matter as that provides different and unique data.
What are the main signs of heart disease and how does Bioheart help?
- Do you have aches in your shoulder or chest? You should monitor your heart right now. Bioheart can identify if you are within your normal range or outside of your normal range. You can then consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Do you snore or have sleeping problems? You should be monitoring your heart right now. Bioheart can identify if you had stable sleep or unstable sleep. You can then consult a doctor with this data for a proper diagnosis.
- Do you have difficulty with sexual function? You should be monitoring your heart right now. Bioheart can identify if your heart is within your normal range or going in and out of your personal normal. You can then consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Do you have an irregular heartbeat? You should be monitoring your heart right now. Bioheart can identify how often your heart is going out of your normal range. You can then consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Do you have shortness of breath or fatigue? You should be monitoring your heart right now. Bioheart can identify a relationship between your fatigue or shortness of breath and your heart rate range. You can then consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Do you have random bouts of cold sweats? You should be monitoring your heart right now. Bioheart can identify if changes in your heart rate relate to cold sweats. You can then consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Do you have peace of mind over your health? You can get that right now. Bioheart allows you to live your life confidently with Healthy Heart Confidence.
What can Bioheart identify in the signals? To start with, we can see the full ECG and even see a relationship between heart rate and specific symptoms so that you can consult your doctor. Bioheart does this accurately because it collects 3 channels of ECG data and continuously does so.
What can the app do?
The app allows you to track your symptoms and how exercise, diet, medication, or any other changes you introduce are related to your lifestyle and heart – giving you summaries of data from Bioheart alongside symptoms and lifestyle factors.
For example, if you track your sleep, you can use Bioheart to make sure your heart stays within normal range – and if isn’t, you’ll receive an alert recommending a visit to your doctor.
How does Bioheart help the user, and potentially everyone they know?
Get a clear, simple answer to your current heart health and better peace of mind. A heart condition is a lifelong condition, and you may not always know what’s going on day to day. Bioheart gives you insight into whether your heart is within its normal range, and can reveal what kind of adjustments you may need to make to your lifestyle or assist your physician in making the right diagnosis. Bioheart’s tracking and reporting capabilities can help you and your physician make a plan to stay on track, too.